Applying to the Maryland Certified Public Manager Program
Eligibility for the Maryland CPM Program (MCPM) is open to employees in Federal government, Maryland state and local government, quasi-governmental organizations, and nonprofit organizations. Participants must be responsible for supervising people (formally or functionally), or managing major projects, or managing major programs. The material will be taught at the college level, but a college degree is not required for admission into the program.
Admission Requirements – To be admitted into the Program, the candidate must
1. Meet one of the following criteria:
• Be in a supervisory or managerial position for at least one year;
• Be responsible for a major program or support function;
• Be identified by his/her agency as an individual with potential for advancement into a supervisory or managerial position.
2. Have approval to participate in the program from his or her direct supervisor.
How to Apply – Complete the online application available at MarylandCPM.ubalt.edu. A completed application packet includes:
• Completed and signed application
• A current resume
Applicants will also complete a phone interview prior to admission.